Invitation for Bids
COUNTRY: Republic of Armenia
NAME OF PROJECT: Education Improvement Project
Loan No: IBRD 8342-AM
Credit No; IDA 5387-AM
Contract Title: Procurement of Forensic Laboratory Equipment
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): CIF10/16-ICB.FLE 2
1. The Republic of Armenia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Education Improvement Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Procurement of Forensic Laboratory Equipment conducted by the Yerevan Gladzor University under CIF grant project.
2. The Yerevan Gladzor University now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Goods listed below:
NOTE: All goods should be new and unused. The Supplier should present warranty for the goods ¥items No 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 7¤ with the period of at least one year. It is required to present user guidelines and technical documents of goods, also documents provided by the Manufacture to ensure the conformity of technical and functional parameters of the presented goods' to the required Technical Parameters. The Model, Manufacturer and Country must be specified for each product.
No A brief description of the type(s) of Goods Quantities Final destination
1 Comparison microscope with software provision 1 item
Yerevan Gladzor University, Yerevan, Republic of Armenia
2 Fingerprint Analysis Equipment with software provision 1 item
3 Handwriting Examination with software provision 1 item
4 Computer-technical software equipment for expertise 1 set
5 Document Examination Equipment with software provision 1 item
6 Portable Forensic Suitcase 2 sets
7 Stereoscopic Microscope with software provision 5 items
8 Magnifying glass 4X 1 item
9 Impenetrable light 1 item
10 Medical weighting machine 1 item
11 Infrared light 1 item
12 UV light 1 item
13 Electric rod 1 item
14 Compass 1 item
The detailed description and requirements of the Goods are in the Section VII Schedule of Requirements of the Bidding Documents.
The main qualification criteria are as follows:
(i) Financial Capability
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s):
The Bidder should demonstrate soundness of its financial position and ownership of financial resources necessary to handle the requirements of the proposed Contract. Specifically, it should prove through submission of
(i) balance sheets, statement of financial results and cash flow statements for the past three fiscal years (2014, 2015, 2016);
(ii) audited financial statements (approved by the audit) for the past three fiscal years (2014, 2015, 2016) and accompanied by audit report for each year, ensuring that its average annual turnover for the last three years at least the same as the value of the bid.
(ii) Experience and Technical Capacity
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirement(s):
i. The Bidder should be a legally registered entity.
ii. The Bidder should have been in the business of equipment supply for a minimum period of 3 years (starting from 2014).
iii. During the last 3 years (starting from 2014) the Bidder should have successfully implemented at least 1 contract of laboratory equipment supply with at least the same total amount of contract no less than the amount submitted for the current Bid.
(iii) Documentary Evidence
i. The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that the Goods it offers meet the following usage requirement:
Technical and performance characteristics and detailed description of the Goods offered meet technical specification requirements of the Section VII Schedule of Requirements.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Yerevan Gladzor University, Mr. Zhora Jhangiryan; <email@example.com>, and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 10:00 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 16:30, except Saturdays and Sundays and National Holidays, at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of 40 000 (forty thousand) AMD. The method of payment will be bank transfer to Ardshinbank Bank account 2470100596130000 AMD; SWIFT/BIC Code: ASHBAM22, The hard copy of the bidding document will be sent by air mail for overseas delivery.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 05 th February, 2018 at 15:00 (Local Time). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 05 th February, 2018 at 15:00 (Local Time).
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of 2700 (two thousand seven hundred) USD.A bid with a Bid Security that expires before /the bid validity period shall be 90 days after the deadline for bid submission plus 28 days/ 03 nd June, 2018 shall be rejected as non-responsive.
8. The address (es) referred to above is (are):
Yerevan Gladzor University, Room 401
Attn: Mr. Zhora Daniel Jhangiryan, Rector of Yerevan Gladzor University
7/1 Grigor Lusavorich str.0015, Yerevan, Republic of Armenia
Web site: http://www.gladzor.am